PANDA Maternal and Child Health Nurses Training Webinar
This webinar ran on Thursday 24 June 2021. Click Buy it now to access the recording.
As a Maternal and Child Health Nurse, you play a critical role with clients experiencing mental distress and associated risks, such as family violence, suicidality, self-harm, substance abuse and risk to child.
This work can be very challenging, not least because stigma and shame can stop new parents from disclosing distress and risk. Many will minimise their distress, and other information relating to risk, perhaps fearing judgement or even child removal. Another challenge is the risk of vicarious trauma and burnout for healthcare providers.
This webinar will help you learn more about risk in the postnatal period, including:
- red flags for each risk area
- useful questions to help you explore risk
- key referral pathways for each risk area
- strategies and resources to prevent your own burnout.
Critical skills for doing this work effectively including building trust and rapport with your client, to encourage disclosure and support risk assessment.
This webinar will strengthen your skills in:
- building trust and supporting disclosure
- exploring and assessing key risks
- collaborating with clients to work towards safety
- supporting effective referrals
- recognizing when you need debriefing or other supports, to support your own wellbeing and the sustainability of your role.
The webinar will feature: a lived experience story, practice and language tips, and role plays that will strengthen your skills in exploring risk, and making effective referrals.
Presented by experienced PANDA training and counselling and peer education staff.
What happens after I check out?
After you purchase a course, you will receive an order confirmation and in a separate email an invitation to log in to the PANDA Learning Hub.