About this course
As a care provider working with expecting or new parents, you play a critical role with clients experiencing mental distress and associated risks, such as family violence, suicidality, self-harm, substance abuse and risk to child.
This webinar will help you learn more about risk in the perinatal period, including:
- red flags for each risk are
- useful questions to help you explore risk
- key referral pathways for each risk area
- strategies and resources to prevent your own burnout.
This webinar will strengthen your skills in:
- building trust and supporting disclosure
- exploring and assessing key risks
- collaborating with clients to work towards safety
- supporting effective referrals
- recognising when you need debriefing or other supports, to support your own wellbeing and the sustainability of your role.
Who is this course for?
This course supports health professionals.
How long does this course take?
This course is a 2 hour webinar. This webinar ran on Tuesday 15 June 2021.